I had advice off others on the internet that my methods looked secure but that I needed steel clamps as the brass ones were no use bending as they were. Once they were made I started boring:

boring the standard:

After testing the bore with my go/no-go gage the bore is an excellent fit for the guides. Considering this truthfully is my first time making an accurate bore so small – I`m pleased

Then as my friend suggested, I turned up some silver steel that was already 16mm down to a very tight fit. Rubbed it down to a taper with some emory paper and pushed on the standard. I then skimmed up the feet which as it happened were almost true to the bore anyway,

…a pile of parts…again ….but now the standard should be correct and bored!!

I`ve got my BA tap set so next on to screwing some bits together!